Thursday, February 20, 2020

2020 Bus Timetable - very minor adjustments

I want to acknowledge and apologise for some teething problems with bus timings and decisions in the first couple of weeks of the school year. I met with the bus company today and they advised me of a minor update of their timings in 2019 which was not communicated to us. In saying that, we are talking minute adjustments which shouldn't have made a material difference. I've shared the update with you here.

Perry is our new driver and has taken over from Eric. Most of you were aware of Eric's care for our children, and I can assure you that Perry wants to continue that culture. He is getting used to agreed timings and to children and their stops. I'm hopeful now, that after my discussions with them and him, we will have this sorted out. Please keep calling or texting me if problems persist.

Perry has been reminded not to let children off the bus if there are no parents there to collect them. He will wait for a couple of minutes before, if necessary, taking children back to the depot. He will text me if this ever happens and I will be in touch immediately with parents and caregivers.

2 comments:

  1. Kiaora for the update Mata Chris..I have a little concern about the morning pick-up down at the village. Can he possibly let the tamariki on the bus BEFORE reversing. For me it would be more safer for our tamariki. Nga mihi😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora, tēnā koe tō whakautua. Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely be talking to the driver about safe practices, and specifically on what you have seen. Ngā mihinui

    ReplyDelete

Kia ora, we welcome your comments. Please remember that positive and helpful comment or feedback is the best kind.

Welcome to our Pānui newsletter

Tēnā koutou Parents, Whānau and Caregivers, We are going to be providing regular updates from our school using this blog, meaning that ins...