Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The IB programme encourages students to be “active, compassionate and life long learners”


I am really excited to be the PYP Coordinator at BOIIA, it is a role I have admired and now one I can experience. Having taught in the school for three year now I have seen students learn and grow through play and inquiry. In my role I am privileged to visit classes and talk with students about their learning and hear the passion and knowledge shining through. Last week I talked to Room 2 about their inquiry “Tools have adapted and changed over time”. The students had a firm understanding of what changes were made and how that might help us in our lives. Through their unit they explored, played and created under the central idea enhancing skills for future learning.

I am really excited to see what other classes are learning this term! The past week the school has been focussing on the Risk Taker Learner Profile and students received awards in assembly for showing their ability to try new things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora, we welcome your comments. Please remember that positive and helpful comment or feedback is the best kind.

Welcome to our Pānui newsletter

Tēnā koutou Parents, Whānau and Caregivers, We are going to be providing regular updates from our school using this blog, meaning that ins...